Puff Pastry Apple Pie Christmas Wreath
Today I have a recipe that I think is just perfect for the upcoming holidays. It is an apple pie, but it is baked in the shape of a wreath! It’s a beautiful dessert that would look amazing on any holiday table. Plus, it is baked in a puff pastry so it is light and flaky. I made homemade puff pastry and then adapted a recipe from Create with Mom for the Apple Pie Wreath. If you made the homemade puff pastry, this gorgeous apple pie is going to take you a bit of time. So, if you want to whip something up quickly, I would buy the stuff from the store. Then, all you have to do is work with the filling and you will have an apple pie ready to go in no time. I hope you enjoy this awesome recipe for a non-traditional and very beautiful apple pie.
Apple Pie Wreath
Puff Pastry Apple Pie
- puff pastry
- 3 apples
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 3 squirts of lemon juice
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Peel and core the apples and then slice into 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices. Place in a bowl with the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
- Roll out your puff pastry on a lightly floured surface so that you have a long rectangle, about 2 feet long and 5 inches wide. Place the apple mixture along the middle of the puff pastry and then fold up the sides of the pastry to cover the apples Pinch the pastry together so that you have a log of apples. Take both ends of the log and bring together to form the wreath. Pinch the ends together. Place the wreath in the prepared pan.
- Lightly beat the egg and then brush it over the entire pastry. Then, take a knife and cut slits in the pastry to allow steam to escape while baking.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned.
Slice of Apple Pie