Looking for a light, crispy, chewy, delicious cookie? Oh good, then these are the ones you want to make! Super easy and oh so good!
I love orange, lemon and of course chocolate desserts and these are orange but could easily be lemon. I saw the recipe on Pinterest and then after some searching found the recipe. I found it over at Amanda’s Cookin‘.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line insulated baking sheet with parchment paper. Or use a baking silicone sheet on top of your baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside. Mixing them together helps to distribute the ingredients. No salt lumps.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium high-speed until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes. Next add vanilla, egg, orange zest, and orange juice. Mix until combined then turn up to medium high for one minute. Scrape down sides of bowl and turn mixer on low. Egg works best if room temperature.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until just combined.
- Place powdered sugar into a small bowl. Measure a heaping teaspoon of dough and roll into a ball then roll it in the powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look dry and crackled. Remove from oven and cool cookies on sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.