Make Your Own Peppermint Candy Serving Trays
This is a super simple idea for dressing up your holiday table – make your peppermint candy serving trays. This cheap, easy, and fun. I saw this last year after Christmas and have been planning to do it ever since. One word of warning: They are very fragile, so be careful with them. I had one I had put candy canes in that was so pretty, but I broke it. It was very large, so it you make a large one, you might want to move around with a cake board under it.
I got the directions from Tutto Bella, which is a great website!
- Starlight peppermints (The number depends on what your are making.)
- cookie sheet
- parchment to line the sheet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange peppermints in any design you want, leaving a little space between each. See photo below.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until the spaces between the candy fill in. Watch very carefully. Over cooking does not make a pretty picture. All the ones I made took almost exactly 8 minutes.
- Slide to a cooling rack while still on parchment and let cool several hours or until all stickiness is gone.
Source: Tutto Bella