These Jalapeno Breakfast Poppers are a perfect way to use leftovers from breakfast and make a fun appetizer or brunch treat!
When I cook up scrambled eggs, I tend to cook a lot because I can use the leftovers in so many other fun breakfast dishes later in the week. This recipe for jalapeno breakfast poppers is one of my favorite ways to eat the leftovers and are always a favorite when I bring them for game day or brunch!
They also can be prepared ahead of time so you just have to pop them in and bake them when ready. Score!
Jalapeno Breakfast Poppers
I did a bacon wrapped and no-bacon version for this recipe today because I didn’t have enough leftover bacon to wrap them all… with this recipe, you really can vary the ingredients any way you want!
So I’m going to tell you what I did, it’s not an exact science by any means so don’t freak out I’m not giving you exact measurements!!
When I made my scrambled eggs, I added cooked sausage, onion, and a little cheese… this is how we like to eat our eggs at home. Sometimes I even add bacon into my eggs. It depends on what we have on hand.
Clean and cut your jalapenos in half, remove the seeds.
In a bowl, mix your scrambled eggs and add in a spoonful of cream cheese. Add just enough to make your eggs stick together nicely to pack into your jalapeno. If you feel like it, throw in a little shredded cheddar cheese too- again, it’s totally up to you!
Add a spoonful of your egg/cream cheese mixture into you jalapeno half. If you have bacon handy, go ahead and wrap the stuffed jalapeno with it. If not, no worries, tastes great without it too!
Top it off with a tater tot or the smaller tater crowns. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees until your bacon is fully cooked and tater tots are golden brown.
Don’t those look SO good. Now I’m hungry and going to have make these again soon!
- 5 Jalapenos (number will vary depending on size)
- 2 Cups Cooked scrambled eggs (add whatever fixin's you like in your eggs. I chose sausage and onion)
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 5 Slices Bacon (cut in half)
- Tater Tots
- Clean and cut jalapenos in half lengthwise, remove seeds.
- In a bowl, combine scrambled eggs and cream cheese. Add enough to make the egg mixture stick together firmly.
- Spoon egg mixture into jalapeno halves.
- Wrap each jalapeno half with bacon
- Top each jalapeno with a tater tot, secured with a toothpick.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 25 minutes until bacon is fully cooked and tater tots are golden brown.
- You can add any fixin's you enjoy in your scrambled eggs to change up the flavor or just use plain scrambled eggs.
- For extra cheesy poppers, you can add a little shredded cheddar to your egg and cream cheese mixture as well!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save it for later!