The sun is finally out and it’s time to start grilling! Memorial day is almost here and that’s when the BBQ season officially begins. One of my very favorite recipes is stuffed peppers. You can make them a million different ways but we like ours “popper style” with cheesy creamy goodness inside! Since switching my diet, I have discovered Daiya Vegan Cheese. That is the only brand of vegan cheese I will eat so I highly recommend you seek it out for this recipe if you want to stay Vegan…. If not, then I would choose a low-fat cheddar to replace.
Grilled Cheesy Vegan Stuffed Peppers
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese
- 1 TBSP vegan mayo
- 1 tsp mexican paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 4-6 Peppers - I like anaheim, jalapenos or pablanos
- Cut off tops of peppers and remove core.
- Wash clean of seeds. Stuff with your filling.
- Place pepper caps back on and push toothpicks thru to hold in place.
- Now you can place directly on grill top without losing your stuffing!
- Grill until peppers are tender and cheese is melted.
- I didn't give you measurements on this one because I know everyone likes things a bit different and portions you will need will vary. I find it easiest just to start adding a little bit at a time until you are happy with your ingredients. I like mine smoky and spicy so I go a bit higher with the chili pepper and paprika, and of course super cheesy. I tend to go light on the mayo as it just gives it a bit of tang and creaminess (if that's a real word?) The cheese gives it plenty of "glue".
What’s your favorite to BBQ? Leave me a comment below!
[amazon_carousel widget_type=”SearchAndAdd” width=”600″ height=”200″ title=”Vegetarian Grilling Guides” market_place=”US” shuffle_products=”True” show_border=”True” keywords=”vegan grilling” browse_node=”” search_index=”Books” /]