These Creme De Menthe Chocolate Fudge Cookies are loaded with pure mint chocolate explosions in every bite. And….if you love thick and fudgy cookies, these are the perfect cookies to satisfy that craving. So, are you in?
Remember those Andes Creme de Menthe candies you get after that expensive dinner? Yum, right? Well, these cookies have those Andes Creme de Menthe Chocolate Mint Baking Chips in them. But, if you prefer peppermint, substitute the Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips. Either way, you’ve got a great combination of chocolate and mint. No Christmas is complete without them, in my opinion and as a chocolate lover.
Wonderful for the holidays for sharing, baking and eating. Here’s the recipe for these festive Creme De Menthe Chocolate Fudge Cookies!
Stop over at the The Baking ChocolaTess for more dessert ideas!
- 1 cup butter. softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Hershey's Spreadable Chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 bag, Andes Creme de Menthe Chocolate Mint Baking Chips, reserve 1/2 bag for sprinkling on tops of cookies
- Optional: Hershey's Spreadable Chocolate for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking pan with non-stick spray, parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and Hershey's Spreadable Chocolate and mix until just combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until incorporated. The dough will be thick.
- Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 bag of mint baking chips.
- Cover dough and place in fridge for 30 minutes or so.
- Using a large scoop, scoop the dough balls out and then roll the dough into even balls. Flatten just a tad and gently press several mint baking chips into the tops of the cookies.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
- If you want to add some extra chocolate 'oomph', melt some Hershey's Spreadable Chocolate in the microwave for 60 - 90 seconds and spoon into a plastic ziploc bag.
- Snip small hole in tip, squeeze and drizzle back and forth on cookies.