Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. I received free products from the company to review. As always, you can be confident that I will share my honest opinions with you, our readers. Please see our full disclaimer for more information.
Chicken Caesar Pita’s with Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
I wanted something somewhat quick and easy for dinner tonight, and since I needed and wanted to try out the Pompeian Olive Oil that I received to review, I knew just the thing to make! We have a local Mediterranean restaurant and they serve the best Chicken Caesar Pita’s. I wasn’t sure if mine would be as good, but I wanted to give it a try.
Chicken Caesar Pita’s with Pompeian Olive Oil
Here’s what you will need:
2 Boneless Chicken Breast
Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper
Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Leafy lettuce (I used a mixed lettuce blend, from my local Co-op store.)
Caesar Dressing (I used Marie Callender’s)
Parmesan Cheese, shredded
1-2 Tomatoe’s, sliced thinly
6-8 Greek Pita’s
1. Spray or brush each chicken breast with the Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
2. Sprinkle both chicken breast with a good amount of garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
3. BBQ, Bake, or fry chicken on a skillet. (I BBQ’ed mine in the rain.)
4. Once chicken is done cooking, dice it up and place it in a medium size bowl.
5. Put a good amount of the Caesar dressing in bowl of chicken, and stir well.
6. Add several hand fulls of lettuce to the bowl, and mix well.
7. Add a scoop or two of Parmesan Cheese, and mix well. Add more dressing if needed, and mix again.
8. Heat an electric grill, or skillet. Pour just enough Pompeian Extra Olive Oil in your pan to grease the bottom of it.
9. Place your Pita’s on the pan, heat one side, and then turn it over and heat the other side.
10. Once they are heated through, place a small amount of the chicken caesar mixture down the middle of your Pita, place two sliced tomatoes on top of that, and then roll up your pita. I wrapped mine in foil to keep them all together, but you could also use plastic wrap.
Ryo and I both really liked these! I love that they were so easy to make, and that we had a great tasting dinner in a short amount of time. I would even say that they tasted just as good as our local restaurants!
Do you have a favorite Olive Oil brand that you usually buy? Did you know that the Pompeian Olive Oil was the first one to receive a USDA Agricultural Marketing Service Quality Monitoring Product logo for its extra virgin and extra virgin organic olive oils? What that means is that the USDA has verified the purity and quality of the Pompeian olive oil through rigorous product testing and review of production processes.
Next time you are at the store I would recommend picking up a bottle of the Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil and giving it a try. It has a nice robust, but yet mild flavor to it. We both thought that it gave the chicken and pita’s that little something extra in their flavor. I know I will be buying it the next time I run out. The Pompeian Company has been kind enough to give each of you a $1.00 off coupon! Click here to get it. They also have a survey going on. If you fill out the survey you will have a chance to win a $200 Gift card! Awesome, huh!?! Click here for their survey.