Summer is peeking around the corner and for those looking for a healthy snack recipe to incorporate into their pre-summer diet, I wanted to share this unique recipe for Carrot Curry Kale Chips.
The kale chips in this recipe get their burst of flavor from Numi Organic Savory Carrot Curry Tea. Carrot Curry is one of six Savory Tea flavors that Numi introduced last year. These revolutionary tea blends have dehydrated vegetables and spices in their tea bags, making them not only delicious to steep for a satiating cup of tea but also to use their flavors in cooking.
Carrot Curry Kale Chips
- 10 oz cut kale leaves (stems and stalks removed)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 6 tea bags Numi Organics Carrot Curry Savory Tea
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Wash Kale leaves and air dry (for best results leaves need to be completely dry)
- Combine kale, olive oil, salt, pepper and the contents of tea bags in a large bowl and mix well
- Evenly spread kale on a baking sheet
- Bake in the oven at 325° for 10 min (or until chips are toasted)